Saturday, November 18, 2023

Saturday Treatment - In All Things Give Thanks

In everything give thanks. An attitude of gratitude is most salutary and bespeaks the realization that we are now in heaven. How we love to do for those who co-operate with, and are grateful for, our small endeavors! Gratitude is one of the chief graces of human existence and is crowned in heaven with a consciousness of unity. –  Ernest Holmes Science of Mind 

Recognition, unification, and realization are the three steps in prayer or treatment. When we speak the words of thanksgiving to the God within, knowing “before they ask will I answer,” there is something in this attitude of thanksgiving that carries us beyond the field of doubt into one of perfect faith and acceptance, receptivity ...realization. Appreciation, gratitude and thanksgiving – the motive power which attracts and magnifies the hidden – Ernest Holmes Science of Mind 

In All Things Give Thanks 

I recognize the life within me is my enjoyment of the limitless Life in which and by means of which all the Universe exists infinitely and perfectly now. I see clearly I am one of It uniquely me yet persistently It as well. How grateful I am as I delight in this understanding for I live in constant unity and companionship in the Oneness of Life. 

I live this Life. I breathe It. I think It. I give It. I receive It in ever greater ways. Through darkest of nights and brightest of days It shows me my clearest path through my joyful vital life of thriving prosperity in wonderful ways. I am immersed in a wonderful atmosphere of love and compassion. The seemingly mundane activities of my day show me unexpected moments of humor and delight or provide tender compassionate exchanges with friends, family, and passing strangers - unknown soulmates in my infinite life adventure. I delight in my life adventure and thrill at the surprises it brings. 

Now, I consciously enter my most profound and delightful state of peace, assurance, gratitude, and love. I know by choosing this state as my way of being in my world I open my whole self to ever greater blessings in life from Life, so all my days are days of thanksgiving and fullness of joy. And so it is. 

John 

Rev. John C. Lusk RScP 

First you ask definitely for direction, then it will enter your consciousness as a definite thought; then in your turn you give it back the thought and it will give you back the thing. It answers every question, solves every problem; it is the solution to every difficulty.It is like the sunlight of eternal truth bursting through the clouds of obscurity and bathing the whole world in glory. It is the absolute that you are dealing with and nothing else. – Ernest Holmes “Lectures on the Absolute”

1 comment:

Bets said...

Your blog has had a lasting impact on my personal and professional development.